Hello everyone. It’s time for some Friday Fancies which, this week, are quite varied.
First of all, what about a nice chicken salad with a taste explosion kick? We made this delicious one on Wednesday and honestly, if we do say so ourselves, it was MEGA. You have to try it.
(via Design Sponge)
- 1 boneless chicken breast, skin removed
- 1 medium-sized Napa (or Savoy) cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 mango, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp. roasted sesame seeds
- handful of fresh mint, chopped
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- handful of roasted peanuts
Spicy Ginger Dressing
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Full instructions HERE, although it’s extremely easy to put together.
We pretty much have a massive girl crush on The City Sage. Anything she says we’re like YES ME TOO! Enthusiastically nodding our heads. So when she mentioned the Block Shop scarves, we knew they’d be brills. And, they are.
“Block Shop is an Indian textile company founded by sisters Lily and Hopie Stockman. We work with the Chhipa family of master printers based in Bagru, India, who have been hand block printing with natural dyes for over 350 years. Our textiles are printed one at a time with harnd-carved wooden blocks and non-toxic natural dyes on the finest Indian silk-cotton blend.”
In the April edition of the ASOS magazine which popped through our letter box this week, we discovered the very cool Illamasqua new birds’ egg inspired nail polish. The speckled finish is achieved by particles of black glitter in the varnish.
They do make your nails look a little like mini-eggs. But perhaps that’s not even a bad thing at all.
Have you heard of The Flower Appreciation Society?
Run by Ellie & Anna and Based in Bethnal Green, they describe themselves as “not your average florists”
Their bouquets are beautiful haphazard wild and free:
Toast Travels recently did a little interview with them :
Hope this keeps you happy for a couple of days, see you Monday!
handsome and pretty